Content start here
Hero Background Image

Admissions & Financial Aid

BS in Legal Studies

The USC Gould Office of Undergraduate Law welcomes BS in Legal Studies applicants who are entering as first-year, transfer, international and DACA students. Admissions decisions for entering first-year and transfer students are made by the USC Office of Admission.

First-Year Students toggle arrow icon

Students who are currently in high school are encouraged to apply for the Early Action or Regular Decision deadline. 

Transfer Students toggle arrow icon

Transfer students are those who have completed at least 1 year of study either at a 2-year or 4-year institution and wish to transfer to USC. Learn more about the transfer process.

International Students toggle arrow icon

International students are defined as students who will be coming to USC on a student visa and are not US citizens or permanent residents. DACA and undocumented students are not considered international students. Learn more about the application process for international students.

Current USC Students toggle arrow icon

Currently enrolled USC students in good standing who wish to change or declare the Legal Studies major may do so at any time, preferably before they reach 65 units.

Students who wish to declare the Legal Studies major must submit an application.

Students who wish to change their major must submit a Change of Major Request Form.

Newly admitted first-year students who wish to declare the Legal Studies major should expect a decision after the add/drop period. Our admissions and academic advisor will reach out to students directly with the admission decision.

Important Dates and Deadlines

Early Action: November 1

Early Action (EA) is non-binding and non-restrictive. Students are automatically considered for USC Merit Scholarships if they apply by the EA deadline. 

Regular Decision: January 15

Applicants selecting or deferring to Regular Decision will be notified of a decision by April 1. 

Transfer Application: February 15 

Transfer applicants are encouraged to attend an information session to learn about the application process.


First-year and transfer students can apply using the Common Application website.


Currently enrolled USC students who wish to change their major must submit a Change of Major Request Form.

Meet Your Admission Counselor

Lina Goggins-Rendón
Assistant Director of Admissions and Advising
[email protected]

Financial Aid

For a comprehensive overview on how to finance your undergraduate degree, please visit the USC Financial Aid website.

Need-Based Financial Aid

USC works with families to meet the full demonstrated financial need for students who satisfy all deadlines and eligibility requirements.

For a comprehensive overview on the financial aid process for your undergraduate degree — including how aid works, types of aid, who receives financial aid and more information — please visit the USC Financial Aid website.

Learn More

Latest Newsletter
placeholder image alternative text
Latest Newsletter
Find out the latest information
Contact Us
placeholder image alternative text
Contact Us
Still have questions? Let us help.
Undergraduate Admissions
placeholder image alternative text
Undergraduate Admissions
Start the application process